Bayaud Enterprises is a community-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to create Hope, Opportunity, and Choice, with work as the means through which people with disabilities and other barriers to employment can more fully participate in the mainstream of life. We provide vocational rehabilitation and employment services to individuals with mental, emotional, physical and economic challenges. In addition, we provide valuable training for employers as well as viable, competitive business services to our community. We have been providing support to the Denver community for over forty years. We are very proud of the work we do and strive to provide real solutions for people who are experiencing homelessness and poverty.
Working at Bayaud
The people who work at Bayaud are passionate about our mission and gain personal satisfaction from the work we do. Working at Bayaud is deeply rewarding in that we contribute to the Denver community in a meaningful way and make a difference in thousands of people's lives.
Full-Time Job Openings
Bayaud Enterprises is seeking to hire:
Development & Events Manager
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Scope and Nature of Position
A new position, the Development & Events Manager, works closely with internal staff as well as outside partners to promote Bayaud’s mission, raise awareness of our work in the community, and bring in new funding opportunities. This position oversees the planning and execution of Bayaud fundraising special events, donor appeals, supports Bayard’s comprehensive grants program and other fundraising activities. This position reports to and works closely with the Chief Development Officer to ensure the success in meeting departmental fundraising goals, and in supporting various fundraising needs for Bayaud programs.
- Plans manages, executes, and evaluates all aspects of Bayaud Enterprise’s fundraising and recognition events, including signature public events (Annual luncheon and Art for Work), annual appeal in conjunction with Colorado Gives Day, Workplace Giving, and email campaigns to achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Manages all event logistics and budgets including, but not limited to, project management, leading committees and recruiting committee members, securing and tracking ticket sales, auction items, managing vendors, and bids, securing in-kind donations of event goods and services.
- Oversees and coordinates third-party events and activities, including acting as a Bayaud liaison for attending events on behalf of the agency when necessary.
- Creates and executes an events promotion strategy in collaboration with the Marketing Manager through media sponsorships, agency website, event advertising, and high-quality promotional materials.
- Works with volunteers, board members and staff regarding fundraising needs, events communication and committees.
- Assists with grant research and writing, reporting and tracking. Assists with corporate outreach and partnerships, submitting online grant applications and final reports.
- Tracks donations in the donor database and generates acknowledgment letters and reports.
- Oversees annual Workplace Giving and Combined Federal Campaigns, participating in outreach programs and agency fairs.
- Manages/tracks Colorado Enterprise Zone donations and correspondence.
- Interacts and communicates with program staff on program activities, funding needs and grant results, outcomes and client testimonials for reporting purposes.
- Attends outside meetings as needed, including professional networking events.
- Performs administrative duties such as filing, copying, mailings.
- Assists in budget projections and budget management.
- Assists with social media, and website updates.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience in fundraising, planning special events, and/or developing charitable corporate partnerships.
- Grant research and grant writing for local foundations and government grants.
- Managing silent auctions and online fundraising campaigns.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Developing work relationships with staff, board members, volunteers and interns.
- Producing creative, dynamic fundraising materials and other collaterals.
- Website management using WordPress, Joomla or similar programs.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Proficient in using fundraising databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows Programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with high attention to details and deadlines.
- Goal oriented with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to the mission of Bayaud Enterprises.
- Comfortable in a results-oriented environment; ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Exceptional listening, problem-solving and relationship building skills.
- Self-directed, strong initiative to reach performance goals and move to the next level.
- Willingness and ability to work with and honor diverse populations.
- Professional and positive attitude regarding the organization and nonprofit sector.
- Commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Works independently and also functions well in a collaborative team environment.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and/or transportation required.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management or business administration or related field plus two years’ experience
Work Environment/Physical Activities
The work environment is an office setting. Physical activities include sitting at a desk and working on a keyboard and computer several hours a day, conducting business over the telephone, and using fax and copy machine. Position requires being able to attend off-site meetings and events.
Bayaud Enterprises offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, generous paid time off, and retirement fund with matching funds. Salary commensurate with experience.
Administrative Assistant & Customer Service Rep
For the Shredding and Document Destruction Department
Reports To: Assistant Director of Shredding Operations
Position Type: Full time, non-exempt
Hours required: 32 to 40 hours-per week
Scope and Nature of Position
This position assists the shredding Account Manager in processing daily invoices for customers, contacting customers regarding past due invoices, tracking of customers, assisting customers with questions and scheduling of services and will progress to assisting with inside sales leads. Additional duties will be added based on aptitude.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects and to assess and change priorities based upon department needs.
- Daily processing and mailing of invoices.
- Daily and monthly tracking of customers. Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Monthly reports and filing.
- Contacting customers via phone and email regarding past due accounts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with invoices and deliveries.
- Quotes prices to in-house calls and leads as needed.
- Conduct safety meetings to shredding workers.
- Occasionally attend Denver Chamber functions and other outreach opportunities.
- Works with Department to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Special projects as needed.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Compassionate and caring, and comfortable working around individuals with disabilities, homeless and low income.
- High School diploma, some college preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent reading, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Great computer skills, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Dependable, attention to detail, reliable transportation.
- Able to work on their own.
$13.00+ per hour depending on experience. 90-day probation period.
Eligible for our benefits package including Paid Vacation, 401K, sick time, health and dental plan option, life insurance and paid Holidays.
Part Time Openings
Position: Part Time (30 hours) Administrative Assistant/Front Desk
Date Posted: 4/18/2017
Deadline: Until filled – open immediately
Position Type: Part time, Non-Exempt
Hours Required: 30.0 hours 10:00 – 4:30 M-F
Position Compensation: $13.00 to start, $13.50 after successful completion of 90 days.
Bayaud Enterprises, Inc.
333 W. Bayaud Ave
Denver, CO 80223
Start Date: Immediately
The Administrative Assistant will work part time between covering the front desk, (phones, check in and other duties), and clerical tasks in other departments. See job duties.
- Must be able to work 10:00am-4:30 Mon-Fri
- Able to multi-task and move easily between departments
- Excellent communication skills – English language speaker/writer
- Computer skills (Microsoft programs and data entry)
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn in a fast paced environment
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist various department managers by completing clerical duties as assigned. These may include: filing, scanning of documents, data entry, collecting and copying timecards, scoring assessments, making phone calls, sending emails and similar tasks.
- Assist the full time receptionist with coverage of breaks and lunches, and at other times arranged.
- Close the front desk on Friday afternoon.
- Staff the front desk full days when the full time receptionist is out on vacation or is out sick. (8:00 – 4:30)
- Greet everyone who enters the building. Ensure all visitors sign in and receive a name badge.
- Answer multiple phone lines and transfer calls to the appropriate extension and/or voicemail.
- Schedule and coordinate all meetings in the main conference room, and coordinate with other conference room.
- Send/Receive faxes via email, and forward to appropriate staff.
- Order office supplies for company and individual departments.
- Log invoices or payments on Excel Spreadsheet.
- Sort mail and deliver to mailboxes in copy room and front desk drawer.
- Notify staff when a participant is here to meet with them.
- Answer basic inquiries about program and ask basic screening questions to determine how to direct an individual. Set an appointment for intake (if indicated) using Outlook calendars for intake personnel.
- Follow closing procedures on Fridays (and other days as assigned) ensuring the completion of all business and transactions, as well as securing the building.